Birthdays and Self-Reflection


Self portraits. So I think every artist has done one.  Since it was my birthday yesterday I decided I would draw a self-portrait in honor of that.  I took a picture of myself in a window reflection from our backyard and decided to draw this reflection.  To me, this symbolizes a personal reflection of my own life this past year.  I liked how my hand was on top of my head making me look a little more perplexed (as if I'm thinking about my own life and what I have done).

The picture was done in pencil, and then I took it into Photoshop and added more of a sense of reflection by using one of the filters which enhanced the reflection even more.  I thought it was a nice effect!

To reflect on my life last year makes me think I should have done a lot more than I did in terms of helping others, being more patient, and being less stressed about things that I had no control over.  I will want to work on lots of things this next year. Prayer is a big part of my life, and that definitely helped me get through last year and will definitely get me through this next year.  I am hoping you all take time to do some self-reflection on your birthdays.  Birthdays are a perfect time to do that...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand 66

Hand 63

Day 5 Hand Drawing