Fruit Bowl

We are living in a fast-paced world where everything comes at you at a mile-a-minute, and sometimes it's nice to take a little bit out of a day to feel "grounded".  One way I feel grounded is to take out a set of colored pencils, turn on music I love, and start drawing what's in front of me.  It feels "real" to hold a colored pencil in my hand, experience its texture scratch away on a piece of paper and see a picture come to life right in front of me.  We all need to feel grounded now and again, but we can't feel grounded unless we turn off all the noises in our life, look at and listen to our world, and do something that makes us feel fulfilled. 

Anyway, what is more beautiful than a bowl of fruit?  Well lots of things of course, but the colors and shapes of fruit in a bowl are pretty amazing.  When I didn't know what to draw today, I looked over and saw we had an assortment of fruit sitting in a bowl on the counter and thought: perfect!

Anyway, hope you have a week of feeling "grounded" in your own way.  Take a walk without shoes on at the beach, plant a flower or two, go dancing with someone - whatever fulfills your imagination!  Happy first week of February!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand 66

Hand 63

Puppy in a Blanket