Trees Over Roof

I sit out in our backyard at times, especially in the summer, and have always enjoyed this view of pine trees and oak trees peeking over the roof.  It makes me feel like I'm sitting somewhere up in the mountains.  However, I live right by a park, so I often hear people at the park which brings me back to reality that we're not really sitting within a pine tree forest up at some lake in the mountains...oh well.  It's a nice little retreat anyway for a little while.

I think there is an interesting contrast to this picture in that the pine tree is full of green while the oak tree is bare.  The pine tree stays green all year long, while the oak tree goes through it's yearly cycle of losing leaves, and gaining back fresh new ones.

I think it's nice to see cycles in tree leaves, but it's also nice that some trees don't change and stay green all year.  I am reminded that we live in such changing times that we need to cling to some things that stay the same to maintain our balance and sanity!  Kind of like traditions we set in our lives.  I feel adults and children need traditions to help maintain lives that are well-rounded and grounded.  Anyway, that is just what came to mind as I was looking at this picture.  Here's to a wonderful Wednesday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand 66

Hand 63

Puppy in a Blanket