Winged Victory of Samothrace

My brother took this picture when he was in Paris this past December, and it seemed to capture the hustle and bustle that goes on in the Louvre.  What was interesting to me about this picture was that it is a snapshot of one girl stopping for just a moment to look at you in frontal view contrasted with the stream of moving people in the background running by trying to see everything they could in the museum.

The Winged Victory of Samothrace is a 2nd century BC marble sculpture of the Greek goddess Nike (Victory).  I think it is very dramatic and feels like it is blowing in the wind with it's flowing drapery and wings raised in the air.  I hope I captured its beauty and movement with all its curves and shapes.

This image captures perfectly how society today is moving at the speed of light.  It really takes someone telling you to stop and smile for the camera to slow you down.  How crazy.  I think we don't tend to notice our world around us anymore.  How sad that is.  I'm hoping this craziness slows down sometime soon, and we can all move at a more normal speed - bringing the stress level way down!

Anyway, hope you have a wonderful week and do stop to smell the roses this week.  It really won't hurt your day if you slow down a little bit - have a great week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand 66

Hand 63

Day 5 Hand Drawing