Beautiful Green Eye

Wow I'm very excited that I kept my promise to myself and did another drawing this week!  I came across a recent photo taken of my daughter's eye and just knew I should take the challenge to draw it (I have to give photo credit to my niece who took this amazing photo - I could not have drawn this if it weren't for her incredible photo)!

I am still working on making my drawings feel more like paintings with rich layered colors.  I think this does feel somewhat like a painting with the rich colors in the hair and eyes.  What was so striking about the photo was that you could see so many details of her eye including a slight shadow of the photographer too!  The colors that came through her eye were so amazing including greens, browns, auburn and even some yellow & blue tints).

Eyes are an amazing thing to draw.  Eyes radiate emotion.  Eyes are the soul of a person.  It's hard to take your eyes off of eyes that are looking right at you (I am reminded of one of the most well-known National Geographic photos of the Afghan girl looking right at you with so many different emotions radiating from them, and also the great Frankie Valli song "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" comes to mind.  I think I see why so many artists like to draw, write, sing about eyes.

Will follow up with another drawing next week :}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand 66

Hand 63

Puppy in a Blanket