Hand Anatomy Drawing


O.K. going a little away from what I have been doing ("painting" with pencil) I was given the challenge this week to draw a hand.  And me always wanting an extra challenge chose to draw a hand from an anatomy book with all the muscles and tendons. What was I thinking?  This was a challenge in patience and really studying a picture in depth.  I was hoping by doing this I would learn a little more about the shape and feel of a hand, so that maybe the next time I drew one I may be a little smarter about it - we'll see!

Looking at this picture, I am fairly happy with it (despite a few inaccuracies that really don't matter).  It was interesting because as I was drawing this I was thinking about Michelangelo and how he did this same thing (studied the inside of the body before he drew things). I think it may be a good idea for artists to do this from time to time.  It may be tedious but I think by doing this you may grow tremendously with your skills.  I already feel like I can draw a hand more accurately and quickly now.

Stay tuned for another drawing next week (it will not be a hand unless it has skin on it)!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand 66

Hand 63

Puppy in a Blanket