My Hand Sketch


Here is the challenge I was given this week...to draw a hand.  I actually wanted to try drawing a real hand with skin on it this time (see my previous hand anatomy drawing) and decided to use my own hand in the same position as the hand anatomy drawing for an interesting comparison.

I think it is very interesting to compare the two drawings.  I can see why the different parts of the hand indent.  For example, in this drawing the joints in the middle of the fingers have that rounded indentation to them, and when you look at the hand anatomy drawing you can see where the circular joint in the middle does have a hole in the middle.  Interesting! So it is very useful to draw the inside of the human body, it helps you decipher curves, indents or shapes in the body.

I think this drawing feels like my hand, I'm happy about that.  I think it is bold and pops up off the background, I can almost feel the hand pressing down on the paper. Even though I drew this in black & white, I still think it has a rich layered look, somewhat like a painting which is what I am trying to achieve, so that is nice.

I'll probably continue to draw some form of the human body so until next week...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand 66

Hand 63

Puppy in a Blanket