New Year - New Resolutions

Here is a chalk pastel sketch I did today to start my blog out on a nice note this year.  I was inspired by the Impressionist exhibit at the de Young museum last month and decided to try drawing an old-fashioned looking picture of my niece.

I wanted to capture her sweet expression, and also give the picture a strong, yet childlike feel with its color and sketchy feel.  I don't know if I'm loving pastel drawing, but it was definitely fun and kind of messy to use.  When I saw the image of my niece, I thought of a little girl from the early 1900's sitting in a rocking chair - it just had that kind of feel.

As I start out the New Year I am grateful for my family, friends, and hope to continue my resolutions of doing my art on a regular basis, and also hope to stick to my other resolution to forgive others (and myself) more often. Forgiveness is hard to do, but when it's done you feel so much better.  Since I've started forgiving more, I have felt a change in others as well as myself.  It's a good change, and I challenge others to try it out and see if you notice any changes too. 

Until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand 66

Hand 63

Puppy in a Blanket