Soft Fog

Martin Luther King day is today, and I just read how this is only the 25th anniversary with a holiday in Martin Luther King Jr.'s honor.  Hard to believe we've only celebrated this holiday for 25 years.  It reminds me how it really wasn't that long ago that equal opportunities were not very prevalent.  We should all take a moment to remember how far we've come in this road to equal opportunities.  I read this morning that President Obama  gave a speech about Martin Luther King Jr. and he mentioned: "I encourage every American to observe this holiday in honor of Dr. King's selfless legacy by volunteering in their own communities and by dedicating time each day to bettering the lives of those around us".  Great thing to remember, as we could all do more to bettering the lives of those around us in our own communities - me included.

As I sat this morning, I looked out and saw lots of fog, and I decided to try and capture the beautiful softness that fog brings.  I saw how soft the background trees and house looked, in contrast to the large front tree and candles in front of me on the table and windowsill.  Hoping we all can think of ways this week to better the life (or lives) of someone we know or meet in our community.  I know if we all tried harder nice things could come of such thoughtfulness.  Have a wonderful week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hand 66

Hand 63

Puppy in a Blanket